Back to Help index
Are profiles censored? Is there any limit to what I can put in my profile?
What are some tips to remember when creating my profile?
The number of replies you get from other members will depend greatly on the quality of your profile. Here are some helpful tips that will help you:
Upload a photograph: People like to see who they're writing to and as a result, profiles with photographs get up to ten times more clicks as profiles that don't have one. You can either upload a photo from a digital camera or a scanner. If you don't have access to a scanner, we can do if for you (for a nominal fee). See the "How do I upload photos?" section for details.
Create a catchy title for your profile: When members search listings on the site, the title of your profile is listed next to your name. As a general rule, profile titles like "Hi!" do not catch people's attention, where as more personalized titles do.
Think before you write: Feel free to write as much as you want in our essay portions of the sign-up pages. Tell other members about yourself, for instance: your likes and dislikes, things you enjoy doing, what line of work you're in, what your personality is like, even your hopes and dreams. The better your profile describes you, the more likely it is that others will read and respond to it. If you can't think of anything right away, you can always add more later. And don't forget to fill out the optional profile questions - these will also help other members get to know you even better.
How do I permanently remove my listing and delete my account?
To delete your individual accounts, you must go to the site with the account you wish to delete and follow the following procedures:
NOTE: Please make sure you have auto-renewal turned off before removing your profile.
To permanently delete your profile, please follow these steps:
- Using your username and password, log into the site you wish to delete your account on.
- Click on the "My Account" link at the top of the page
- Click on the "Personal Preferences" link.
- Scroll down to the box marked with a folder icon and click on "Delete your Account".
CAUTION: Once you click on the Delete link, you account and profile will be instantly and permanently deleted! There is no way to recover or restore your account. Please consider this before making your selection.
How do I upload photos to my profile?
Adding a photo to your profile is an excellent idea that will TRIPLE the number of responses you get from other members. To upload a photo, please follow these steps:
- Click on the "Add/Edit Photos" link on your member homepage.
- Click on the "Upload Photo" link in the slot that you want to upload the photo to.
- Click on "Browse" and select the file you want to upload.
- Click "Upload Photo".
For more photo requirements and criteria, please click here.
- Must be in Gif or Jpg (jpeg) format
- no larger than 4 MB in filesize
- not a copyrighted photo or image
You can delete an uploaded photo just by clicking on the "Delete Photo" link in the slot where you want to delete the photo.
Note: All photos are subject to our approval process and may take anywhere between 24-72 hours to review.
How long does it take to have my profile/photo(s) approved?
Why was my profile denied?
We apologize for the inconvenience. Your profile was most likely denied for one or more of the following reasons:
To restore your account, simply update your profile by clicking the Edit Profile link on your AllPersonals homepage and alter the content to meet with AllPersonals standards. Once you submit it, our team will review it again.
- Containing personal contact information
- Not meeting the minimum word count
- Having repetitive or invalid content
- Including banned or inappropriate topics
- The account username is inappropriate for the site
- The language used is not supported by the site.
How do I contact your Customer Service Department?
How do I submit a suggestion for improvement?